Pageviews last month

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Been Away for a While

It's been a while since I've posted, almost two weeks!  I have spent a lot of time trying to write a post about Jane Rochford but I just can't figure out exactly what I want to say.  I have been bored with the Tudors lately, Henry is married to Katherine Parr, and his complacency is boring.  I know it's about to get more exciting with a protestant burning and I am beyond absolutely beyond thrilled that Anne Boleyn is back and talking to Elisabeth in the last episode, how amazing!

I am looking at going on a trip next year called "The Anne Boleyn Experience" and I am so excited!  I will update again when I get something good written.  Check out the video below, Thomas Wyatt's poem "These Bloody Days" runs throughout it.  It is beautiful and sad and heart wrenching because he did love those who died so, especially Anne and he watched them all die.  Survivor's guilt probably killed Henry Percy, he died not long after Anne.  Perhaps Thomas's poetic soul allowed him to vent his grief and kept him from an early grave.  Regardless, the sadness is palpable in his words.  Hearing them read aloud by his character from "The Tudors" makes it even more powerful.  What a beautiful soul he had.

No comments:

Post a Comment